The Melbourne Cup is right round the corner, and we’re excited. To get into the spirit of things, we want you to wrack your TA brains and pick your top tips for the talent on the track this Tuesday.
What’s in it for you? Well, if you tip the top three for the main event (i.e. the 2017 Melbourne Cup, race 7 at 3pm AEDT), in order, then you’ll win a ticket to the ATC2018 valued at $2,250! That’s probably the best ROI you could possibly get for an initial bet of $0. Just let us know who you’ve tipped and we’ll eagerly watch the races to see if you’ve won!
The lineup has been finalised and you can find out everything we need to know about the runners here.
With that out of the way, here’s a rundown of the most likely winners if you’re new to tipping, drawn from our scouring of current betting sites and the best punters in the Talent space.
Bookies Top Tips
Last year’s champion, this German racehorse is the top tip to win this year. Also, they’re named after a gem in the garnet family, so that’s nice.
This Kiwi racehorse is in the running for the finish after a bold showing at a number of other important races throughout the year. A humidor is also a climate-controlled storage space for cigars. The more you know.
This British born racehorse is tipped to at least come third – their impressive strength will likely work in their favour. Their dad was the Duke of Marmalade, which is a big deal if you’re a horseracing fan, and pretty funny if you aren’t.
Our Best Guesses
We reached out into the Talent space to get some top tips, as well as asking to our certified, ‘phantom’ punter. Here’s what they’d bet on, if they were in your shoes.
Ruby Lee, Nicole Clark, David Carman, and the Phantom Punter
These are all the horses picked to win, but they might not all be in the final three! Have a look yourself and pick who’ll finish where.
Post your answers on this article or on our social media, and if you’ve picked the top three in the right order, we’ll send you your ticket!
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry. This competition is being run by the Australasian Talent Conference Pty. Ltd., residing at Level 5, 31 King Street, Melbourne, 3000, Ph: +61 3 8621 6688.
- Prize – 1 ticket to the Australasian Talent Conference 2018.
- The winner will be selected based on successfully guessing the top three racers in the 2017 Melbourne Cup Race, in order. In the case of multiple winners, the first person to have submitted the correct order will be the winner. The result of this competition will be announced on social media on Wednesday, 8th November 2017 AEDT. The winner will also be contacted directly.
- The ATC Events & Media reserve the right to choose or change the prize at any time.
- ATC Events & Media reserve the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity and/or entry validity in order to claim the prize. Proof of identification and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Organiser. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Each entry is subject to one single person. Multiple accounts or accounts that deemed supplicates will not be counted and the winner(s) could be forfeited.
- The Organiser will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The competition commences on Thursday, 2nd November 2017 and concludes 2:59pm Tuesday, 7th November 2017 AEDT.
- The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any late or misdirected entries and disruptions due to technical issues and time differences.
- The prize is non-transferrable and non-exchangeable for cash or other items of value, unless agreed upon five business days in advance with the Organiser and is up to the discretion of ATC Events & Media.
- If the winner is unable to make it for the event, the organiser will pick another entrant at their discretion.
- ATC Events & Media hold the right to refuse the winner entry into the conference if they feel that the winner has broken any of these terms and conditions.
Gain the new skills you need to be better prepared for the automated, artificially intelligent, digital recruitment world? If you’re not our lucky winner, buy your tickets to ATC2018 now! Early bird tickets still available!
Leave a Reply